New member with two old birds

This is the main discussion and technical forum for G&L and Tribute by G&L basses. Please limit the discussion to G&L and Tribute by G&L. Simple questions regarding mods are okay, but really belong in the EBA or Paul's Technicalities.

Please; no links to other forums except as noted in the forum guidelines. Discussion of new instrument MSRP is okay, as is discussion of options pricing. However, there shall be no discussion of MAP or final negotiated pricing for new instruments. Used pricing is generally fair game.

No sales or advertisements, no matter how well veiled, are permitted - not even a pointer elsewhere.

New member with two old birds

Postby ped4 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:39 am

Hi folks

New member here. I've had 27 basses in total, and recently I added an '82 L2000E to my collection. It pairs perfectly with my SB1 which wears flats.

I've been floored by this instrument - I wish I had tried one sooner. The neck on this in particular is dead flat and feels amazing, seemingly exactly the same profile as my SB1.

It's been really fun learning all about them and in particular the flexible electronics.

I look forward to reading more via this forum.

Cheers
ped

ped4

Re: New member with two old birds

Postby deltafred » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:44 pm

Welcome to the bassesbyleo. That's a fine pair of basses that you have there.

I'm not a huge fan of black instruments but the black and maple is starting to change my mind!

(I suspect that you are a pretty close neighbour of mine.)

fred
deltafred
Global Mod

Postby bigtone23 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:55 am

Welcome!
Love those basses!
bigtone23

Postby Wiffle » Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:52 pm

That's a lovely matching set! 8-)
Wiffle