Links and resources - Updated 4/10/2021

This is the main discussion and technical forum for G&L and Tribute by G&L basses. Please limit the discussion to G&L and Tribute by G&L. Simple questions regarding mods are okay, but really belong in the EBA or Paul's Technicalities.

Please; no links to other forums except as noted in the forum guidelines. Discussion of new instrument MSRP is okay, as is discussion of options pricing. However, there shall be no discussion of MAP or final negotiated pricing for new instruments. Used pricing is generally fair game.

No sales or advertisements, no matter how well veiled, are permitted - not even a pointer elsewhere.

Re: 1 Meg C Pots

Postby TDR1138 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:29 am

Ken Baker wrote:Boy, did I get lucky! I was updating the preamp upgrade post and ended up poking around at BuildYourOwnClone. I thought their parts department was pretty cool until I checked the pots section. They have 1M reverse audio taper pots ("C" or anti-log)! They went from pretty cool to extraordinary!

http://buildyourownclone.com/collection ... ntiometers

Ken...

Cool, but they look a little short to fit through a wood top. Probably fine on a pickguard (or pedal casing, as it may be), but I'd imagine you'd have a little trouble using them on an L-series bass.
TDR1138

Re: 1 Meg C Pots

Postby Ken Baker » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:54 am

TDR1138 wrote:Cool, but they look a little short to fit through a wood top. Probably fine on a pickguard (or pedal casing, as it may be), but I'd imagine you'd have a little trouble using them on an L-series bass.

Yes, they do look a little short. We'd need to get one in-hand to see for sure.

Ken...
Ken Baker
Site Admin

Where did I buy my bass? And when?

Postby Ken Baker » Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:01 pm

Had a guy email me and ask:

A Guy wrote:I was wandering if you could be of assistance

Its been a while since I purchased my G n L L2500
It was either Guitar Center or Sweetwater or?
1. I am trying to find out where I purchased it( which store ) and when?
2. My serial number is CLF xxxxxx.
Thanks in advance

There is no way that I, or G&L, would know who bought what instrument, where, or when. There is no reporting of sales from retailer to factory that I am aware of. If it was a bunch of years ago, neither GC nor Sweetwater were new instrument dealers.

The only possibility would be if you bought the bass new and mailed in the warranty card. Contact G&L Repairs to see if that info is available.

Ken...
Ken Baker
Site Admin

Previous

Return to G&L Basses